I’m a high school Math teacher, if you didn’t know. I don’t usually dress like a typical teacher (I’m talking about cat sweaters and white sneakers); I try to have some style most days, although pregnancy impedes that a little. It’s just too expensive to have an entire, cute maternity wardrobe. So I make do.
Today we learned about logarithms. 🙂 I really like teaching this particular topic. Notice the overhead projector? I have officially started sitting down most days (as of last week)! My feet were swelling and starting to hurt after being on my feet for nearly 5 hours a day.
And heeeere is what I wore today!
Dress: Old Navy maternity
Cardigan: Forever 21
Shoes: Shoe Style by Hush Puppies
Earrings and Necklace: Forever 21
Here are the shoes – They are tiny little heels, and they’re comfortable. My kids think they look like old-lady shoes.
After work, I went straight to the gym. It was a doozy today. My shoulders are KILLING me right now; I can’t imagine what tomorrow will feel like!
Using a 8-kg kettle bell, I did 5 strict presses per arm.
Using a 12-kg kettle bell, I did 5 step-ups per arm.
Then I repeated those two parts for 3 rounds.
We set the rower to the highest resistance, and I grabbed a 16-kg kettle bell.
There were 8 parts altogether:
1. Farmer’s Walk holding a 16-kg and a 12-kg kettle bell. At the other end of the room, I switched arms and walked back.
2. Step 1 took 44 seconds, so I had to row 220 meters.
3. Farmer’s Walk (same thing with the 12 and 16).
4. Step 3 took 32 seconds, so I had to row until I burned 32 calories.
5. Farmer’s Walk
6. Step 5 took 31 seconds, so I had to row 310 meters.
7. Farmer’s Walk
8. TOTAL TIME for the 4 Farmer’s Walks was 4 minutes, 14 seconds. So, I had to do as many Farmer’s Walks as possible in 4 minutes, 14 seconds.
I completed 6.5 rounds.
Needless to say, my shoulders are on fire. Typing this post right now is painful! Thanks a lot, Chris.