I wanted to make this reflection post my own and just link up with the particular blogger, but I am starting to like the expression “Happies and Crappies”! So from now on (into the foreseeable future), my ups and downs for the week (minus Friday) will be titled as such. Get used to it. 😉
Happies (The Ups) (The Good) (Pluses)
1. I showed Donald Duck in Mathmagicland to my Algebra 2 students. They liked it, thank goodness! Okay, they like it every year. It’s one of my favorites.
2. I bought some wrist braces because of the numbness in my hands. The doctor said it could help them at night. And it did! I got more sleep this week than I have in months!
3. I get more followers every day on my blog! Both here and on Bloglovin’.
4. I saw this awesome bumper sticker on the way to work. I wonder how many people actually “get” it 🙂
5. I got in a good workout where I am STILL sore 3 days later.
6. I came up with a button design for the blog! I drew it onto a sheet of paper and…. see Crappy #1.
Crappies (The Downs) (The Bad) (Minuses)
1. I can not figure out Adobe Illustrator! I have this cute button all figured out. But trying to make it digital? Yeesh. A high school friend gave me some advice! She clearly knows what she’s doing.
2. State testing was this week, and while it’s sometimes nice because our classes are a little smaller, and the afternoon class is shorter, it’s boring! And yesterday/today, I am the test administrator. That means, walking quietly around the room for 3 and 1/2 hours while the kids test. No talking, no phones, no computer, no reading, no writing. Nothin’. You just gotta walk around and make sure students aren’t cheating or putting their heads down.
3. I tried Nescafe Memento a while back and really liked it. Couldn’t find it for a while. Found it again a few days ago, and it’s NOT THE SAME! Maybe my taste buds have changed but …darn. It was so yummy to me before.
4. My fingers are JUST swollen enough that I can’t comfortably get my wedding rings on/off anymore. So sad. Only 6 more weeks, though, then back to normal!
Those are pretty crappy crappies. I’ll try to have a worse week next week. 😉