Here’s what happened this week!
1. We fixed up the nursery a little more! Here are some pictures I posted earlier this week.
2. I spent several hours putting together certificates for my students. It takes a reeeally long time, but it’s worth it. They appreciate them.
3. We had dinner at two of our favorite places. First is this place where they make everything in house. I mean, they make their own ketchup. It’s awesome. The other place we had dinner (on a different day, of course) is a meat market (Cameron thinks that’s hilarious). It’s a family-run place that sells a bunch of meats and also has an awesome sandwich menu. The sandwiches are HUGE. I got the meatball sub as usual. And Cameron tried the pastrami. Look at the size of that thing:
4. I was able to sleep in one day last weekend, and I slept about 11 hours. I have an alarm set 7 days a week, normally: Monday through Friday is 6:15 for work; Saturday is 8:00 for the gym; and Sunday is 7:15 for church. But I slept in until 10:15, and it was remarkable.
5. We have been getting PeaPod grocery deliveries for a few weeks now (we had a discount, and now we get free delivery). And it’s awesome. You just put together your shopping list online, and someone brings it all right to your door? Amazing.
6. I started a tiny ad campaign on Facebook to see if it increased my blog followers. Hard to say right now. I DID hit 130 followers on Facebook though! That’s more than tripled in the past week!
7. I decided to try eating salad as a snack (instead of, you know, Oreos)! That’s shredded carrots, not cheese. 🙂
1. Remember the amazing sandwich from #3 above? Well, right after that picture, he somehow scooted the thing off the table and got it all over the floor.
2. Another thing that happened, which isn’t THAT big of a deal is that Starbucks, again, spelled my name wrong!! My name is BETHANY. In the past two weeks, I’ve seen Bethney, Betheny, and now Bethaney:
3. I am losing my sanity. I am having a hard time sleeping (despite the #4 happy), and I’m just pooped every day. I’ve been feeling guilty. I’ve been feeling like I’m disappointing people around me. I feel like my colleagues are disappointed because I am not doing my absolute best (though I feel it IS my best for this stage of my life!). I feel like Cameron is disappointed because I don’t do as much around the house. I feel like my trainer is disappointed because I just don’t have the energy to workout (and make excuses….and whine….). And I feel like anyone around me is disappointed when I’m holding a Starbucks cup (even though it’s usually either decaf or half-caff).
4. On a related note, I’ve been stressing (more than I should) about what I’ll look like after the baby’s born. I have been working out because I’m HOPING that I’ll get my shape back quicker. And then I come across this picture of Heidi Klum… 5 weeks after her baby’s born? Sheesh. Way to bring me waaay down, Klum!
5. Allergies hit me smack in the face yesterday. I was feeling fine all week and now, my throat is killing me, I can hardly keep my eyes open, I have developed a tiny cough…. I’m hoping the doctor tomorrow will give me an option for some pregnancy-safe allergy meds.
I suppose the best news of all is that I have more Happies than Crappies. Right?
I bet that some other person in the universe could have had the SAME EXACT week and would have more Crappies than Happies. It’s a matter of perspective. And I’m workin’ on mine.